Wednesday, January 7, 2015

KidLit411, or you can't have too much encouragement!


The reason I love writing for children is the same reason I loved raising and teaching children--they still have pure hearts and are just beginning their journeys of discovery and creativity. It fills my heart with joy to be part of that process (or else I just never grew up and can better relate to children).

For years I was a member of SCBWI but found it less and less helpful, so I let my membership lapse. One of my critique group partners encouraged me to join again last year, but I haven't found their website to be very user-friendly.

Now, thanks to a fellow children's writer, I have discovered a WONDERFUL, EXTREMELY user-friendly site: KidLit411. And right now there's a giveaway for an agent to read a finished PB or MG manuscript submission. What a great idea for a giveaway. These are my kind of folks! Check them out!

P.S. As an added bonus, they have cute birds in their masthead! This was meant to be! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment