Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday New Book Spotlight: I.T. Geek to Farm Girl Freak: Along the Bumpy Road of Rural Life

Release day for the sequel to S. A. Molteni's warm and hilarious I. T. Geek to Farm Girl Freak is Sunday, November 1st.

If you can't wait, or if Halloween might distract you, you can always pre-order I.T. Geek to Farm Girl Freak: Along the Bumpy Road of Rural Life (Book 2) here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IG50IM

Description:

After ditching a full-time career and moving to a small hobby farm to enjoy a slower pace and a healthier lifestyle, isn't everything supposed to be idyllic or "peaches and cream" as they say in the South? Well, not exactly ...

In this second installment of the "I.T. Geek to Farm Girl Freak" series, follow the author as she holds on for the ride, "along the bumpy road of rural life" where her friendly neighbors become not so nice and her farm animals evolve into completely coddled pets - with her Royal Palm turkeys becoming the most pampered ones of all.

There are still 3 more days to enter a drawing for a $10 Amazon gift card on Molteni's website here.


While you're waiting, be sure to read the first book. I did, and wrote this in my review: "The author's 'voice' is friendly and honest and feels like a chat over coffee at her kitchen table. Great collection of short essays detailing the author's journey from corporate America to a hobby farm and including hilarious moments interspersed with poignant heartache."
Get it for only $0.99: http://www.amazon.com/I-T-Geek-Farm-Girl-Freak-ebook/dp/B00VZI0BUK

Kudos for Molteni's I. T. Geek to Farm Girl Freak:

Very good memoir of an individuals' account having left the business world to be both closer to family while building a farm from basically the ground up ... Well-done and I did enjoy!
- Don Kidwell - Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer

The book is a collection of essays the author wrote about her experiences making the transition from I.T. Geek to Farm Girl Freak with the majority of the stories about adapting to her new life on the farm. At the end of most of these essays or stories the author tells the reader what the "life lesson learned" was for her... I found that by combining her stories with my experiences, I could also find additional lessons of my own. Maybe you'll find the same.
-Big Al's Books and Pals



Read more about S. A. Molteni at her website, twitter, and goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment