Monday, January 28, 2019

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: Fast-paced murder mystery with witty dialogue

The Book Dragon has devoured the ARC of Exercise is Murder, a fantastic new mystery novella by ACFW author Bruce Hammack and gives it a resounding 5 claws!
My 5 star review: "I don't read many mysteries, but I may have to rethink that after reading this unexpected gem. The author's law enforcement experience shines through in this fast-paced, witty story with realistic, flawed, yet relatable main characters, an unlikely team of detectives. Their banter reminds me of Bogey and Bacall, and Max the cat is a stroke of genius. From the opening scene, the snappy dialogue alone grabbed this reader and compelled me to keep reading, and the many suspects kept me guessing until the final showdown. This is an excellent read for mystery aficiados as well as newbies to the genre, and I'm looking forward to continuing this new series to return to the blind, anything-but-washed-up former Houston homicide detective Steve Smiley and his young brilliant partner Heather McBlythe (and her cat)."
Here's a better image of the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment