Monday, September 13, 2021

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: Fun Book 2 in a Christian cozy mystery series

 

The Book Dragon has read Word Gets Around (Wordplay Mysteries Book 2) by Julie B. Cosgrove and gives it 5 claws!

My review:  I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Word Has It, and was excited to see the author had released another volume. From the first few pages, I felt as if I was revisiting old friends, for Ms. Cosgrove is excellent at creating believable, loveable, and very unique characters. Her group of senior citizen friends, led by Scrabble-loving Wanda, find themselves in the middle of another mystery in their small Texas town involving cryptic one word notes left on windshields, a missing reporter, a trashed newsroom, and gourmet coffee. This is such a fun story, and I feel even more attached to Wanda and her friends. Her nephew the policeman is adorable too, and now I'm wondering if "Aunt Wanda" is going to be playing matchmaker in a future book.... This author has made me a fan of cozy mystery. If you love squeaky clean cozies with thoughtful twisty plots and loveable characters, this series is for you! As a bonus there are recipes included in many chapters (Wanda and her friends love to cook).


No comments:

Post a Comment