Thursday, July 11, 2024

Something exciting to share!

My two biggest singing bowls and three favorite tuning forks

It's been TWO years since Fiona's Gift was published, and for many months I struggled to begin the last book in the series, Tristam's Heart. Since the headstrong Fiona completely changed the plot of HER book (yes, I do give my characters their way, since I've learned not to argue with them; they actually know their own story better than I do) of course, the plot of her younger brother's book changed, too. I mean, SO completely changed that I had to begin from scratch....

The biggest problem with that is, I haven't been able to concentrate. At all! Between slowly losing my eyesight, unable to sell our house and buy one with a real pool I could use for therapy for my lymphedema, and having to put our house back together after not selling it in 2022, not many words were written that year. In 2023, for a little while things were better and I managed to write several chapters.

Then my lymphedema got worse, which always increases brain fog, which decreases concentration. I was sitting our cheap little above-ground pool last summer and had a realio trulio Eureka! moment as I watched the wind ripple across the surface of the water: Could vibrations cause the lymph fluid to move like that and not get so clogged up??? I bought a 432 Hz tuning fork (the smallest one pictured) which helped a little, but it wasn't powerful enough.

Long story short, I discovered an entire new world of SOUND HEALING!  One by one I'm adding to my collection of tuning forks and Himalayan singing bowls, which I use daily to help move lymph fluid. By December 2023 I was feeling pretty good about it and felt like I had turned a corner: 2024 was going to be the year I wrote profusely, so I could finish Tristam's story and work on another book I started years ago.

Then on New Year's Eve, my health took a nose dive. After a Herxheimer reaction to antibiotic ear drops, I started seeing an acupuncturist, trying desperately to regain my precariously balanced homeostasis. In February my dependable lymphedema pump, whom I had used since 2018, the year I was finally correctly diagnosed with lymphedema, triggered atrial fibrillation and I had to go to the ER because I couldn't get it to stop, no matter what I tried.

One thing led to another, and by June I was starting to think my lymphoma had returned, I was that washed out. I couldn't write anything, even had trouble writing a note in a sympathy card!!! I discovered Fort Worth Wellness, a holistic clinic not far from us, and decided to give them a try.

Wow, am I glad I did! The very first visit, I immediately connected with the practitioner and founder of the clinic, Allison Blakewell. She spoke my language and then some! She had even trained with the woman who designed the large tuning fork in the picture, which can especially move lymph fluid! That was two weeks ago. My lymphatic system was only functioning at 12% TWELVE! My body had become so full of toxins from the sluggish, stagnant lymph, it was no wonder I felt like I was half dead. I started a detox, and she gave me one NAET treatment (a non-invasive way of teaching the body not to be hypersensitive to substances) and I had a return appointment in 2 weeks.

I felt good that I'd found someone who understood HOW important the lymphatic system is to the body! She had many patients with lymphedema and even had a type of lymphatic pump at the office (though I haven't used it yet). Within a week, I could walk briskly without getting out of breath, and had energy to do things without being completely wiped out. Today was my second appointment, and my lymph is functioning at 42% already! My brain fog is dissipating! I can actually think about writing again! Hooray!

If traditional Western medicine isn't helping, I highly recommend trying alternatives. It might be just the thing to bring back wellness and make life better.

Thanks for being patient, for Tristam's sake. Since the plot has changed (and I'm writing by the seat of the pants, which is exhilarating and very, very scary), the cover needed to change also. Here's a preview:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment