Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: Fantasy of Mythological Proportions!

The Book Dragon has read Coiled by H. L. Burke and gives it 5 claws!
My review: "4.5 stars for a fantasy that slithers into your heart (and I already liked snakes). Coiled has such a strong feel of Greek mythology, it could easily be titled "The Labors of Laidra" so she could take her place in the pantheon of mythological heroes. The MC, Princess Laidra, is an extremely sympathetic, yet strong and selfless character (the three "S's," rather snake-like). The members of the supporting cast, including humans and gods and monsters, are all individually drawn yet have enough similarity to their Greek counterparts that the story feels familiar in a fresh new way.

"Recommended for older teens and up, especially those who like Greek mythology and/or snakes!"

2 comments:

  1. I read Coiled recently and really enjoyed it. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my bookshelf and I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete