Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: A Purr-fect Fantasy Collection for Feline Lovers


The Book Dragon has read the fantasy anthology Paws, Claws, and Magic Tales, 16 short stories collected by the Fellowship of Fantasy and gives it 5 claws!
My review: "4.5 stars for a fun anthology centered around cats. The stories are as different as cats, so there will be one to suit most any reader's taste. Some I liked more than others, but nearly all of them made me wish I had a cat, even though I've never had one! My favorite stories were "Destined for Greatness," "The Honorable Retrieval of Miss Sunbeam Honeydew," "Whisker Width," and "The Cat-Dragon and the Unicorn." But "The Magic of Catnip" was clever, and "Death Always Collects" was especially poignant, even without reading the author's note. Recommended for fantasy lovers, whether or not you are already a cat lover! (This book can make you one, in that case.)"

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed "Destined for Greatness"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this anthology, especially Whisker Width and Death Always Collects!

    ReplyDelete