Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: A Fun & Poignant Love Story!

 
Though the Book Dragon rarely reads contemporary fiction and even more rarely reads romance, he still gives this fun, quirky, and surprisingly deep story Pride and Butterflies by Franky A. Brown 5 claws!
 
(Maybe it has something to do with the immediate appearance of SCALES in the story, because Book Dragon also wishes he could give this story a special award, something like:
 
Here's my 5 star review: "This is a laugh-out-loud, fun and funny romantic comedy that also has deeper, more poignant layers. When I first started reading, the first person present tense was almost too much to handle because the main character sounded so hyper and flaky. But actually it worked perfectly for this story and the many zany circumstances. I love the butterfly images, both literal and figurative, throughout this book, and the lovely cover perfectly captures the mood of the story. I'm so glad I bought the paperback so I can admire the artwork again and again. Oh, I almost forgot! This author deserves an award for Best Use of Turtles in a work of fiction! Highly recommended."




2 comments: