Monday, December 3, 2018
In that bookish vein, I managed to read more than 55 books, including fantasy (almost half the total), science fiction, historical fiction, romance, nonfiction, and children's (and that doesn't count all the books I've read multiple times to my granddaughter). Out of these, ten rose to the top like fine cream, and it was difficult to sort them into numerical order. I loved them all! Several other 5 star books I read didn't make the final cut, not because they weren't good, but they didn't tug at the heartstrings, like these did.
So here, beginning with #10, are my favorites (and Book Dragon's) for 2018:
10. Sunbolt by Intisar Khanani
9. The Electrical Menagerie by Mollie E. Reeder
8. Secrets: Visible & Invisible by 7 authors of Catholic Teen Books
7. Heartsong by Annie Douglass Lima
6. The Last Motley by D. J. Edwardson
5. Common by Laurie Lucking
4. Aerisian Refrain by Sarah Ashwood
3. The Other Side of Freedom by Cynthia T. Toney
2. The Nameless Soldier by Annie Douglass Lima
1. Spice Bringer by H. L. Burke
I've reviewed all these books here on this blog, and hope you'll give some of them a try. Let me know what you think about these or other great books you read in 2018!