That being said, I have found some gems this year! It was difficult to narrow down my top 10, but as usual, the way a book made me feel is at least as important to me as whether it was well-written and engaging. All of these were both!
Book Dragon has to pose with many books on my Kindle now, since I no longer have the extra funds to purchase all the paperbacks I'd like to have, so most of my reads are ebooks these days. There's nothing like a realio, trulio book you can hold in your hands and hug when you especially love the story!
So, here are my top ten reads for 2019, beginning with #10 (and an honorable mention):
11. (Honorable Mention) is The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
Flinch Free Fiction, The Fellowship of Fantasy, and Catholic Teen Books), and wish to support that community, I rarely rank big trad-published books here, but this one was such a powerful story, I had to mention it! This broken young character has so much grit, and her situation is so heart-rending, you'll be rooting for her every page of the story. Set in England during the early days of World War 2. I've been reading it out loud to my 8 year old granddaughter, and it's hard not to try to read it with a British accent....
10. The Destiny of Sunshine Ranch by T. M. Gaouette
9. One Leaf Too Many by Julie B. Cosgrove
8. Blossom on the Thorn by Loretta Livingstone
7. Elfling by Corinna Turner
6. 3 Things to Forget by Cynthia T. Toney
5. Sand and Storm by Stella Dorthwany
4. I Am Margaret by Corinna Turner
3. The King's Trial by M. L. Farb
2. Heart of the Curiosity by H. L. Burke
1. King of Malorn by Annie Douglass Lima
I hope you will try some of these books and love them as much as I do! Happy reading!