Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: A Christmas steampunk story

The Book Dragon says DON'T wait until Christmas to read this delightful novelette in H. L. Burke's Nyssa Glass series. He gives Nyssa Glass Clockwork Christmas five claws and wants to remind you that you can read it AGAIN when Christmas gets here. It's that good!
Here's my 5 star review: "When I first began to read this book, I thought it was just going to be a sweet Christmas story about some of my new favorite characters, similar to O. Henry's The Gift of the Magi, but there was surprising depth and tension. In some places I laughed out loud and in others tears sprang to my eyes. If you like the Nyssa Glass series, you will LOVE this story. If you haven't read any of the other books yet, I highly recommend them! You can read this story without having read the others, but it will be even more satisfying to understand all the references. Nyssa and Ellis are two of the best-drawn fictional characters, so well done I no longer think of them as fictional."
Be sure to check out the rest of the series, which Book Dragon recommended here.

No comments:

Post a Comment