Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: Imaginative Fairy Tale Re-Imagining

The Book Dragon recommends The Firethorn Crown, Lea Doue's fascinating fantasy re-imagining of the 12 Dancing Princesses (with dragons) and gives it 4.5 claws rounded up to 5!
Here's my review: "4.5 stars for an imaginative fantasy loosely based on the fairy tale "The 12 Dancing Princesses." The 12 sisters were wonderfully drawn, though it took a while for me to keep them straight. The setting feels real, and I love the dragons of all sizes, though we only "hear" about the big scary ones. The plot had as many twists and turns as the maze featured in the story, and once I neared the climax, I could NOT put this book down. If you like fairy tales, fantasy with suspense, romance, and dragons, I recommend this clean read for ages 12 and up!" 

The book is listed as #1 in the Firethorn Chronicles, and this reader is looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment