Monday, January 27, 2020

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: A powerful contemporary story of love and forgiveness

The Book Dragon has finished Ornamental Graces by Carolyn Astfalk and gives it 5 claws!
My review: 4.5 stars for a compelling story that caused me to forget everything else for several hours in order to finish it. The two main characters, Dan and Emily, are so real and honestly drawn, I became attached to them right away and HAD to finish their story, even though I rarely read contemporary romance. Their pain is palpable, but the power of forgiveness is seen over and over, a great reminder to us all! The Pittsburgh setting is so detailed, it makes me want to visit! The supporting cast of characters is wonderful, especially Grandma, Elizabeth, and Colleen. I don't want to say too much and give away spoilers, but this is a story that can be read year-round, not just as Christmas! Recommended!

Note: There are a couple curse words, and a couple instances of excessive drinking, but otherwise a PG-13 read.

No comments:

Post a Comment