Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Blog: I'm not in Texas any more...

For weeks now I've been forgetful and confused. I missed a doctor's appointment because I forgot what day of the week it was. Even though I write things down, I can't keep up with the simplest activities. I've been blaming it on chemo brain.

It's not chemo brain. It's just that I'm not living in 2016 Texas right now.

Let me back up. In November I signed up to participate in NaNoWriMo for the first time, and successfully managed to get my writing focus back. Yay! I finished book 3 in my fantasy series and got a good head start on book 4. Feeling a great sense of urgency, for I don't know how long I'll stay in remission this time, I wanted to keep pressing with the daily word count and signed up for an 85K writing challenge (85,000 words in 3 months, from January 1 through March 31). I'm almost halfway to that goal, which means more than halfway through book 4. I'm so totally immersed in my fantasy world that I get annoyed when I have to do mundane tasks, like washing clothes, ironing, cooking for my Twin Towers (my 6'4" hubby and his father, who lives with us).

I'm living in Levathia, circa 1100's, with dragons and some of my favorite characters ever.

A very nice young man named Joshua Smolders redid my hand-drawn map of Levathia, with stunning results! Now I know where I'm going in Levathia, and you are welcome to journey with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment