Monday, November 27, 2017

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: Amazing collection of mind-bending stories!

The Book Dragon has finished reading The Heronmaster, Alex McGilvery's unique and wonderful collection of short stories (with fantastic cover art by Wil Oberdier) and gives it 5 claws!
My review on Goodreads: "4.5 stars for a mind-bending, thoughtfully written collection of short stories. I enjoyed the three written from the animal's point of view even more than I thought I would. In fact, the first two (about wolves) were so interesting, I skipped to the last one, the title story, to read while I was in the mood to hear more from the animals, and that one was one of the best stories I've ever read, and will stay in my mind always. Then I read the two human stories out of order, too, and they were both satisfying reads with characters I came to care about. The only reason I couldn't give this book an unreserved 5 stars was the amount of typos, many of which I suspect are just the result of formatting, because converting files often "eats" periods and quotation marks. Don't let them stop you from experiencing these five thought-provoking stories!"

Here's a better image of the fantastic cover art:

No comments:

Post a Comment