Saturday, February 8, 2020

New book in a new series! Praise God!!!!

My last novel, Mercy's Joy, released in September of 2017. Right away I wanted to go back and finish a clean contemporary romance about two band directors I began 20 years ago, but those characters weren't talking to me. Then in one night, the outline for FIVE books in a new series based on Mercy's Children (one book for each of them) came into my head, fully formed! I took it as a sign I needed to write THOSE books!

And then my health spiraled downward yet again, leading to increased anxiety and inability to think, much less write. I was afraid my days of writing fiction were over.

But God was merciful again and again (as He has done my entire life) and not only were the health problems properly diagnosed, through the process of learning to manage them, my anxiety melted away and the words began to flow again! So, Book One in the new series, Mercy's Children, releases February 14, 2020, and I'm almost finished with the rough draft of Book Two, Joy's Sorrow.

Since I have to do my own formatting and covers now, I made all five covers at once (so I wouldn't forget how I'd done them--having chemo not once but twice has stolen a big portion of my short-term memory; I guess I'm related to Dory now). Ebook formatting is relatively straightforward, but paperback formatting is not, so I will have paperbacks eventually, but it might take awhile!!!!

To celebrate the release of Dolan's Bride, I've made each of the books in the He Who Finds Mercy series free one day at a time leading up to February 14th. Here's the schedule:
Feb 10: Mercy's Gift
Feb 12: Mercy's King
Feb 13: Mercy's Joy

Thank you for celebrating with me! Here are the covers for the rest of the series:



2 comments:

  1. Love your books! I have read every book of this series and can't wait for the next one! Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you SO much! (((HUG))) I plan (Lord willing) to finish Joy's book soon and publish it before summer. :)

      Delete