Monday, July 9, 2018

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: A beautifully written Christian fantasy

The Book Dragon has read The Last Motley by D. J. Edwardson and gives it five claws!
My review: "4.5 stars for one of the most interesting and beautifully written fantasy quests I've ever read. I had no idea what to expect from the intriguing cover (I read it before reading the back blurb), but the story sucked me in from the first page. I love the MC, Roderick the humble tailor. He has become my favorite book Dad, ever! Such a compassionate and God-fearing husband and father, he makes the perfect reluctant hero and guardian for the frightened young orphan, Jacob (the "motley.") Their journey to discover a way to free Jacob from the curse of his motley magic is fraught with peril of every kind, but they do meet a couple of surprising allies along the way.

"I love how Roderick's faith is such a part of him and how his prayers for Jacob comfort the child again and again. This world is so real I can feel the cold and smell the dungeon and taste the hardtack. Recommended for anyone who loves Christian fantasy and quest stories in particular."

Better image of the vibrant cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment