Monday, June 29, 2020

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: Powerful and compelling contemporary story

The Book Dragon has finished Three Last Things: or The Hounding of Carl Jarrold, Soulless Assassin, Corinna Turner's timeless and unusual story of suspense and persistence and gives it 5 stars!
My review: It's difficult to explain why this story affected me so much without giving away spoilers, but I'm going to try! This is unlike any story I've read before. It was far out of my comfort zone (taking place inside a prison) and yet I could NOT put it down. The realistic and suspenseful situation the author has created shows the power of love and loudly shouts the truth of the Latin phrase "dum spiro, spero" ("While I breathe, I hope). So don't let the first person POV of a hardened murderer make you wonder if you should read this story--your life will be better for reading it!!!!

Corinna Turner has become one of my favorite authors, and this story is just as compelling as her fantasy and dystopian books. You can find them listed at Catholic Teen Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment