Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday Review by the Book Dragon: Wonderful installment in my favorite fantasy series!

The Book Dragon has finished In the Double Agent's Service by Annie Douglass Lima and gives it five roaring claws!
My review: Having read all the previous books in this epic fantasy series, the Annals of Alasia, this sixth installment was worth waiting for! There are equal parts adventure, heroism, mystery, intrigue, revenge, romance, friendship, family, and humor in this story, and the pacing is superb! My favorite things about this series are the characters and world-building. The people are so real I want to meet them (well, most of them), and the kingdoms of Malorn and Alasia are so interesting, I want to visit them! The main characters, Erik (King Jaymin's bodyguard) and Anya, a seamstress, are the heart and soul of this book, and the fast-paced plot kept me guessing how things would turn out between them, as well as the fate of both kingdoms. I can't recommend this series highly enough to fantasy adventure fans of all ages!

Though this book can be read as a standalone, it will be even more meaningful if you read the rest of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment